Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dear Liza, Dear Liza

April Chorus: 

There are bees in the roof, Dear Liza, Dear Liza!
There are bees in the roof, Dear Liza, some BEES!

So get them out, Dear Henry, Dear Henry!
Get them out Dear Henry, go get them, the BEES!

There's a hole in the roof, Dear Liza, Dear Liza!
There's a hole in the roof, Dear Liza, a HOLE!

So patch it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
So Patch it, Dear Henry, patch up the HOLE!

But it's raining, Dear Liza, Dear Liza!
It's raining Dear Liza, it's raining real hard!

September Refrain:

There's still a HOLE in the ROOF, Dear Henry, Dear Henry....
and now there are rats in there, Henry, Dear Henry!
There are rats in there Henry, rats in the roof.

October Chorus:
And now it's really really, really raining hard! really hard!
And the bees moved in to the tree in the front yard! in the front yard!
Be on your guard, Dear Henry, Dear Henry! Be on your guard!

I'll be there, Dear Liza, Dear Liza!
I promise Dear Liza, Dear Liza!
I promise, I will!

On Monday. Oh, sorry.
On Tuesday.  I swear....What? You say the rain short circuited the water pump? and you have no water?.... and the voltage for the house is coming in at 30 volts instead of 240?
On Wednesday. I will come.  At 14h Really, I will.
On Thursday.  But it's already 17 o'clock.

On Friday, Dear Liza, I promise to come.

Really?  To have a look to see the hole in the roof AGAIN?

Oh really? Dear Henry, Dear Henry?
Oh really? Dear Henry, Dear Henry... we'll see.
Will you fix it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry?
Will you fix it? HIGHLY- UNLIKELY!

No comments: